In 2001-2002 YPAR held meetings with the National Children’s Office and all major statutory organisations including the Health Service Executive (HSE) with a remit for young people at risk.
In 2003 it was agreed that YPAR would be brought under the auspices of the Local Child Protection Committee of the Health Service Executive, which is an instrument of Children First, the National Guidelines on Child Protection and Welfare.
YPAR includes a wide range of community, voluntary and statutory stakeholders as listed below.
Community and Voluntary sector:
- ICON – network of 65 local community groups and youth services
- Local young people
- Neighbourhood Youth Projects
- Wexford Centre Project
- LourdesYouth and Community Service
- St Vincent de Paul
- Irish Youth Foundation
- Tusla Child and Family Agency
- City of Dublin Youth Service Board
- Irish Youth Justice Service
- Dublin City Council (Local Government Authority)
- An Garda Siochana (Police)
The sustainable provision of interconnected, efficient and cost effective services that meets the holistic needs of young people at risk in Dublin’s NEIC.
YPAR will demonstrate that an interagency collaborative approach working with young people and their families will enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of services to at risk young people and to enable young people realise their dreams, by.
- Establish an interagency protocol to enhance co-operation, collaboration and information sharing.
- Ensuring the voices of young people will be an integral part of all YPAR structures and programmes as a means to inform improved service provision.
- To successfully demonstrate the effectiveness of the YPAR interagency model and ensure this is used to inform service delivery and shape policy development for young people at risk
- Sustain effective and efficient organisation structures to facilitate an interagency collaborative approach to the provision of services to young people at risk.
- Implement an effective Communication and information strategy to support the development, learning and sharing of the YPAR model.
- Implement learner centre monitoring and evaluation mechanism to capture the outcomes form YPAR work.